Friday 9 January 2009

Just a few shots to update people,

Firstly I've been looking into larger town assets, I want my streets to look like they really do. Here is one of my town blocks, it will have two textures on it (3 including a light map), however those textures will be reused for other town blocks.
The shape is not finsihed as you may have gathered but it gives you an idea of size. Only a test texture on there at the moment too while I sort the shape out.



Second shot is of the level of detail I will be going to away from the track. There is no need to have drain pipes or over hanging roofs etc, however I do want the right number of doors and windows where I can. This is the street I grew up in and is just a small section of the second town block in Cockton Hill.




Larger buildings will not be part of the town blocks, mainly so i can re use them in certain areas to give a little more flexability.Lastly here is an updated shot of the Valley as I move along to Witton Park Viaduct.


Thats all for now, hope to have one or two of them blocks finished over the weekend.

derek

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Derek. It must be very rewarding to recreate the environment of your childhood.

Paul (jp4712)

Shawn Driscoll said...

I like the varying heights of the homes along the ground slope. Great touch.