Friday 5 September 2008

Hi,
For some random reason I started modelling a few bridges first, mainly because I had good reference photos of them.
One of the major challenges of creating this route will be gathering the correct material. So much has gone and replaced with soulless buildings.
First up the station Bridge on Newgate St as it turns into Cockton Hill road.



I'm afraid I don't remember the lines ever going over the Viaduct. (Image below) Last train to go over the bridge was in 1968 I believe. (I will check)
I do remember the tunnel entrance on the bridge side that was turned into a shooting alley for the Bishop Auckland gun club.

The viaduct was going to be knocked down in the 90's however the whole town got involved and it was saved and transformed into a road bridge, the first of its kind in the UK.
I have very fond memories walking across this bridge, and the views were great of the valley in both directions. Hopefully I will be able to get this across when placing the assets.




More to come soon.

regards

Derek

No comments: