Wednesday, 22 October 2008

Signal box West!

Back on topic for once, I have managed to piece together enough to create the west signal box at Bishop Auckland, knocked down in the 70's, not sure when.

I have a painting of this signal box that shows the door on the left hand side however all the black and white photos show it in this location. The bricks look like a slightly different grade around that area so it probably was moved for some reason. If I find out I'll let you know.

I also bought a book this week about Bishop Auckland during the 2 world war by Barbara Laurie, not much information on the station but an interesting read none the less.


Monday, 13 October 2008

Barrow Hill

Had my first trip to Barrow Hill at the weeked, and I have to say it is a wonderful place.
Up close and personal with so many different locos.
I'd like to say thank you to Paul and all the staff who went out of their way to help.
I now have a few ideas about what locos I'd like to model next!

Class 37 being moved onto the turntable.

Charybdis looking rather sorrowful.


Friday, 10 October 2008

Baked the main 37 body, still lots of bits and bobs to add but coming along nicely.

Hi, not much being going on this week (I seem to be saying this more often than not!), had a week off from work and mostly unwrapping the 37 (inbetween working on my Kitchen), nothing to see untill the shadow bake.
I did grab a few hours to cut out some leaves, 2 lofts and still lods more to make.
Off to Barrow Hill this weekend, first time and looking forward to it.


Saturday, 4 October 2008

Not much but it is a good start, now for the other hundreds of assets I need to build!

All but finished on the east signal box, It still needs a stencil shadow and a winter variation.
Might add some railing detail too.


Thursday, 2 October 2008

Just a short update as my house feels like it has been put in a bag and been stomped on.
Still it will be worth it in the end, they keep telling me.
Anyway, managed to grab a few hours on texturing the East signal box. Still a further few hours required but am pleased with progress.

Next image will see it in the editor.