Sunday, 25 March 2012

Extra daylight

Afternoon all,
Just as the clocks go forward I find my time on Settle to Carlisle drawing to a close. Still have a few tees to dot and eyes to cross mind, but only a days worth of work.
I have to say it was pretty intense, with the delay to Woodhead my time on this was reduced. Working overtime certainly helped me get back on track so to speak.
Anyway, I am pleased with the results and the number of new assets/textures I managed to make to help it stand out from the crowd. The content guys have also done a fine job and they have been a pleasure to work with.

Of course there will be new routes and new projects but hopefully ones that don't eat into my life like the last 2 big ones.
My problem is I find it hard to relax when i know stuff needs to be done. This then leads to my own personal project gathering dust for long periods.

So what is a man to do, well get some home help of course! Bob the builder has offered to lend me a hand which has seen the track extend to Darlington (new Darlo Station needed!), Barnard castle (from BA and Darlington) and upto Teesdale, to Crook and maybe upto Durham via Brancepeth.
Now that is a fair network, and is about 70 mile of track.
I've gone back to my assets and changed them to look better in TS2012, much of what I did was to make them look good in RS and RWs 1. With the new lighting system some assets did not sit right so I have adjusted some values. I'll look to put some screen shots up later in the week.

I have now finalised the foliage list in my route, it was cluttered with experiments and half finished trees. The Woodhead and Settle routes have taught me a great deal, and I guess I now need to get my head around RWdecal to see if I can speed some asset placement up. (Time to pay up for a license! :) )

regards
Derek

No comments: